Human Resources Assistant
Human Resources | Tempe, AZ
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we: We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. At Flagship, we believe that inclusive business practices empower our team members, foster innovation, and build trustful relationships, enabling us to achieve better business results over the long term in the right way. We provide an evolving range of opportunities to contribute to your professional development, further your career, and enhance your work experience.
What are the perks of working at Flagship?
Flagship invests in its workforce by offering the following:
- Competitive Salaries
- Bonus Opportunities (where applicable)
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Plan
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (“AD&D”) Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Medical Plans (POS / HDHP)
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Health Savings Account
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- LifeMart® Discount Program
- Wellness Program
The Human Resources Assistant performs a wide range of HR functions in assistance to the Human Resources department. This includes providing support in the areas of recruitment and staffing, associate activities, personnel records, benefits, HRIS, and training. Involves frequent contact with personnel inside and outside the company requiring reasonable tact, discretion, self-expression, and a working knowledge of HR policies and procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Functions as an initial point of contact for associates’ Human Resources (HR) related questions, concerns, and issues. Responds promptly to these requests and directs inquiries to the appropriate HR contact when necessary.
- Assists in the talent acquisition process including conducting phone interviews, scheduling interviews, making travel arrangements, tracking background checks, and providing information to new hires.
- Processes verifications of employment.
- Processes expense reports, departmental invoices, and manages departmental supplies.
- Processes incoming mail and assists in monitoring the HR departmental email box.
- Provides clerical and operational support to other human resource staff, as available.
- Assists the Human Resource Systems Analyst in various administrative tasks within the HRIS system such as report running, setting up new hires, and terminations.
- Acts as backup for the HRIS Analyst performing duties where necessary.
- Assists in monthly recognition and Fun Team activities.
- An approachable, engaging style, with strong listening skills.
- Associate or bachelor's degree in Human Resources or two years of HR administrative experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. (Preferred)
- 1 -3 years in a Human Resources environment. (Required)
- Possess a high level of organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work independently, plan effectively and produce results.
- Ability to work in a demanding environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing projects and demands.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality on an on-going basis.
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to applicants and associates.
- Excellent computer skills, including Outlook, Word, and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment.
Back to Current Openings