SQL Developer II
Information Technology | Coppell, TX
Would you like to be a part of a growing company? Flagship’s programs are designed to serve customers who have limited access to automobile financing through traditional lending sources. At Flagship, we understand good people can have less than great credit. We believe as long as our customers are committed to establishing their credit profile, they deserve the opportunity to receive an automobile loan.
We are looking for SQL Developer II who will be expected to concurrently manage multiple complex projects and a fast-paced dynamic organization. The Data Developer is part of a project team working to deliver data solutions to the business.
What do we value?
Integrity, Passion, Trust, Discipline, Respect, and Continuous Improvement – just to name a few
What is a day in the life at Flagship as a SQL Developer II?
- Work with Project Team to review project intent and flush out technical requirements.
- Design and code database table to store incoming data
- Create Data Models
- Work with Application Developers to create optimized queries
- Create DB triggers for automation
- Create table indexes to improve database performance
- Build views, stored procedures, functions, and SSIS packages
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
- Build and Maintain Control-M
- Work with IT team and end-users to help troubleshoot problems
- Participate in on-call rotation and respond to critical database incidents
- After-hours support for application release and change management activities
- Provide technical guidance to junior Data Developer
- Provide thought leadership on development standards and policies
- Code review of colleagues work to ensure consistency and viability of logic
- Skilled enough to teach and mentor junior members on any of the technical skills listed above.
Consumer finance experience preferred
- 5+ years of MS SQL Server experience
- Advanced understanding of T-SQL programming, SQL queries, and stored procedures
- Solid understanding of Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2014
- Solid knowledge of database administration and best practices
- Experience with SSIS packages to load, transform and process data
- Experience with ETL and Control-M
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in a complex and fast-changing environment
- Able to learn new technologies
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Back to Current Openings