IT Business Systems Analyst
Information Technology | Chadds Ford, PA
Would you like to be a part of a growing company? Flagship’s programs are designed to serve customers who have limited access to automobile financing through traditional lending sources. At Flagship, we understand good people can have less than great credit. We believe as long as our customers are committed to establishing their credit profile, they deserve the opportunity to receive an automobile loan.
The primary function of an IT Business Systems Analyst is to flush out and translate general business requirements from the intent owners into technical requirements for the development teams to consume. They are also the first line of defense in triaging problems and issues as they arise within the perspective product lines that they support. This role is expected to become a subject matter expert on the products and systems they support.
What do we value?
Integrity, Passion, Trust, Discipline, Respect, and Continuous Improvement – just to name a few
What is a day in the life at Flagship like as an IT BSA?
- Learn and document the processes, systems, tables, and business rules for the product supported
- Be able to independently determine system behavior by following the data trail via SQL queries and process flows
- Translate business requirements into documented technical requirements
- Review solutions for missed requirements
- Think through potential scenario’s and use cases to ensure a comprehensive solution
- Works closely with Project Manager in all aspects of the solution and acts as the primary backup to PM when unavailable
- Works closely with Product Owners and Business Users to flush out needs and wants in the product solution
- Communicate requirement to developers and QA both orally and in writing, so they fully understand the intent and act as a primary source to get their questions quickly answered
- Conduct product demos and demonstrate final functional solutions to stakeholders
- Assist in defining table relationships and mappings
- Document and update data definitions and dictionaries
- Perform ad-hoc data mining
- Troubleshoot defects
- Proactively help define potential reporting/data analytics requirements
- Create/Maintain rules library and other pertinent documentation
- Help execute test cases if necessary and smoke test implementations
- Must understand the Software Development Life Cycle
- Computer Science or Engineering degree preferred
- Auto finance experience highly preferred
- Prior financial services experience preferred in lieu of Auto Finance
- Experience supporting data warehouse projects in a SQL Server Environment preferred
- Experience with Agile Scrum preferred
- Some production issue triage experience preferred
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Takes high-level business objectives and creatively comes up with technical solutions to satisfy the business intent
- Willing and able to overcome challenges and roadblocks to enable the business to meet its goals
- Comfortable communicating with all audiences from highly technical engineers to non-technical executives in both written and verbal channels
- Actively listens to customers and teams
- Able to understand business and technical terminology
- Ability to read schema and flat file formats
- Understand table relationships and how data is transformed across all connected databases and servers
- Strong documenting skills to capture all requirements
- Builds good relationships with other departments
- Cares about the quality of the production systems and the success of the organization
- Expresses opinion on solutions and does not allow bad solutions
- High sense of urgency to meet commitments
- Will go outside of primary role if needed to help drive success
- Proactively takes steps to learn and build on their relevant knowledge base
- Learn supporting function and becomes a subject matter expert on systems and processes and how they interface with other systems
- Computer Skills
- SQL – Ability to pull ad-hoc data and analyze queries
- Visio – Ability to create process flows
- Excel – Ability to create pivot tables and understand third-party data connectors
- Target Process or Equivalent Project Management and Requirements document software for documenting project requirements, use cases and specifications
Find Your PACE With Us Today!
As we continue to evolve as a leading financial services provider, we’re reaching new heights more and more every day. We’re looking for good people to share the road with, people who share our vision and mission: To provide exemplary service to dealers, associates, customers, and stakeholders. We’re a company that is driven by our values.
So why are you still in the passenger’s seat?
Relocation and Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position
Back to Current Openings