This year, Flagship piloted a structured intern program for the very first time. Six interns from various schools and programs joined a variety of our departments from early June through the end of August.
- Zane Alderfer – Syracuse University – Compliance
- Adam Ibrahim – Grand Canyon University – Human Resources
- Grady Farrell – Elon University – Capital Markets
- Trevor ODowd – Wilmington University – IT Information Security
- Cullen Monagle – TechImpact Program – IT Support
- Katie Humphries – West Chester University – Accounting & Finance
As part of their learning program, all interns attended a DiSC session on June 22, to get a better understanding of their natural communication style, and to learn how to flex to help successfully communicate with differing styles. On July 20, the interns continued their learning path with a session on Effective Communication Skills designed to help associates understand how their messages may be perceived by others and ensure their messages are clear, establish rapport, while instilling trust to get things done.
Then on July 28, the group celebrated National Intern Day; created in 2017 by WayUp, a recruiting partner with Flagship. The holiday is dedicated to recognizing and celebrating our future leaders. Presentations were made, feedback on the program was provided, and the group began the project of creating our intern logo and the program description for future classes – all this while enjoying lunch with their sponsoring managers. The celebration was facilitated by Susanne Stead, our AVP of Talent Development, and Lori Lando, our HR Manager overseeing the HR Business Partner function.
Some of the marketing phrases created by the team included:
- Flagship Credit Acceptance’s Internship allows interns to have variety and diversification within different areas of a department. These experiences are very eye-opening, meaningful, and educational towards the career you’re looking to build, while engaging young adults in an energetic work environment.
- Flagship’s Internship Program provides a diversified, educational experience that allows you to excel within a meaningful, eye-opening, progressive organization.
In a true win/win finish, three of our interns who are able to fit work in with the return to school, will join Flagship at the end of the intern program. We’re looking forward to continuing to grow our intern program out even more in the years to come, beginning with next Summer.
If you are interested in learning more about the program and/or recruiting an intern for Summer 2023, please contact [email protected]